WELCOME TO CYPHERCON 2016
Here is a quick and dirty breakdown of information you may need, starting with the grub.
Friday: Dinner(5:45pm) Steak, Loaded Baked Potatoes, Fruit, & Veggies & Friday Snack(10:30pm) Crackers, Cheese, Sausage, Chips, Salsa
Saturday: Lunch(1:00pm) Sliders: (Beef, Chicken, Bean), Fries, Cheese Curds, & Onion Rings & Saturday Dessert(3:00pm) Brownie Bites
Friday: Cash Bar
Saturday: Acquire Drink Ticket(s) or Cash Bar
PLEASE THANK OUR FOUNDING SPONSORS
*Visit Friday’s Information Booth for more information.
CAPTURE THE CON (CTC) *LIFETIME BADGE OPPORTUNITY
Everyone will be given game card with their Agent ID and a QR code. You will use this to gain skill points, please play & read the Readme at:
HACK THE BADGE
The badge is designed by the tymkrs with you, the hacker, in mind… show us crazy stuff, more information can be found at:
WISCONSIN HACKER HISTORY
To truly understand hackers, you must understand how we arrived at where we are today
- Progressive Locks
HARDWARE HACKING BOOTH/VILLAGE
MILWAUKEE / GREEN BAY / MADISON DEMONSTRATIONS
Learn from the Wisconsin area representative’s best hackers!
(Saturday Event: Bring a laptop)
Here are your challenges:
- Break the “CTF_WEP” access point, the password is your flag.
- Find the name of the hidden SSID, the SSID is your flag.
- Break the “CTF_WPA2” password the password is your flag.
- Find the three foxes, each fox will give you a clue to the WPA2 password *Each fox looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvhvviu4dg4g6ty/CTF_Fox.jpg?dl=0
- Ultimate goal, change the SSID of CTF_WPA2 (Hint: you might need to ‘man in the middle’ the router’s login)
- If you find a flag come see me, I’ll give you the points.
- All access points for the competition will start with “CTF”, please don’t hack anyone else!
- In computer security, Capture the Flag (CTF) is a computer security competition.
- CTF contests are usually designed to serve as an educational exercise to give participants experience in securing a machine, as well as conducting and reacting to the sort of attacks found in the real world.
CYPHER VILLAGE (CHALLENGE) *LIFETIME BADGE OPPORTUNITY
(Saturday Event: Bring your mind)
DISARM THE BRIEFCASE BOMB
(Saturday Event: Bring your speed)
SAFEHOUSE SAFE CRACKING *LIFETIME BADGE OPPORTUNITY
(Saturday Event: Bring your safe cracking skills)
- Open the safe near the puzzle room without being invasive (DO NOT BREAK IT)
- Figure out the combination & Do not share combination with anyone else but Korgo
- Supply Korgo with the correct combination, if he can then open the safe, you win lifetime badge
Saturday, March 12, 2016 6:30pm-9:00pm